Saturday, October 13, 2012

Running for Vienne

I have been thinking for a while about how we would go about donating towards a family who has a lost a child.  I  have searched and searched obituaries the last few months.  I have thought about it, talked about it with several people and have never felt right about any of the situations.  And then I received an email from one of Nick's co-workers about a family in the Beaverton area, and I could not stop thinking about this family.  They lost their four year old daughter, Vienne on September 6th, 2012.  The circumstances surrounding her death were similar to SIDS in that they were shocking and unexpected.  The cause of death is still not determined.  She is such a beautiful little girl, and I don't feel like it's a coincidence that I came to know about this family.  The donations that we receive on race day will be given to this sweet family.  Vienne's Dad, Mom, and 9 month old sister will also be there on the 20th to join in remembering Holland and Vienne.

To learn more about Vienne, you can go to the blog created for her here.




For those that are interested in making a donation, but not able to attend the race, please e-mail me at nickandlexie@gmail.com.

No comments: